As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Cinnamon Roll Cake|
Delicious And Easy
|Yummy, buttery and simply perfect|
|Temp-Tations Carved Old World Baker|
|Wonderful cake, wonderful baker|
Watch The Video
Cinnamon Roll Cake
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- Cinnamon Topping:
- 1 cup very soft butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 2 tbs flour
- 2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4-7 tbs milk or cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray or grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Mix all dry cake ingredients in a large bowl. In a medium bowl, beat egg with milk, water and vanilla. Add the melted butter to the dry cake ingredients, then stir in the egg/milk mixture, mixing until all dry ingredients are incorporated. It is important here NOT to use an electric mixer but to mix with a spoon--the "cake" is actually a muffin base by the amount of baking powder, so it should not be "over-mixed."
- Pour cake batter into prepared pan. Set aside.
- In another bowl, beat the topping ingredients until they resemble a paste--for this you CAN use an electric mixer.
- Drop topping randomly over top of cake batter--I did 4 rows with 3 dollops in each row, each dollop being about 2 tbs. Now pull a knife through the cake and topping, "marblizing" the topping into the top part of the cake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool slightly on a rack.
- Mix the glaze ingredients in a small bowl, adding ONLY enough milk or cream to make a thick but pourable glaze--always start with the lowest amount of liquid.
- Drizzle glaze over cake and let it set about 15 minutes. Cake may be served warm or completely cooled.
- Makes about 12 servings.
|Cinnamon Roll Cake|
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2014. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.