As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Yummy chocolate chip cookie crust combines with a no-bake creamy cheesecake filling! Goes together 1-2-3
This chocolate chip cookie cheesecake is sure to impress family and guests!
The crust uses refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough for ease, but you can whip up a batch of your own if you want.
This time of year, the refrigerated dough is on sale a lot, so I bought a huge tube of it. I used part for this, but the rest will be used for “hurry-up” cookies when guests drop in as they usually do at the holiday season. I got lazy this year as far as cookies are concerned, so having the pre-made on hand is a boon. Not to mention I sample a lot of the cookies I used to make and…well…I’m fat enough already.
Cream cheese is usually on sale a lot too and I use quite a bit of cream cheese. This year I especially made some vegetable cream cheese to use in appetizers and on bagels so I never mind having a few extra packages in the fridge.
This filling uses 3 large packages and it’s a no-bake variety too. I was dickering between having a baked filling or using one of my go-to no-bake fillings in this one. The no-bake variety won out here as it’s easy and especially that the center will never crack like a baked one is likely to do if you don’t watch it carefully. It’s also easier and the watchword here is easy.
The filling uses unflavored gelatine but it doesn’t have a Jello-like consistency. All the gelatine does is hold it all together, much like the eggs/yolks in a baked filling.
You do have to bake the crust, but only for 15 minutes (or however long your homemade variety bakes if you are using one of your own recipes).
Top this off with a nice easy ganache drizzled over the top. A quickie recipe for ganache may be found in my Barge Pie recipe within the post narrative.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine 1 tbs
- 3/4 cup cold milk
- 3 pkgs 8 oz each cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup approx chocolate chip cookie dough
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Press cookie dough into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges of the crust begin to brown,
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In a small saucepan, add milk and sprinkle gelatine over the the milk. Let this stand for 5 minutes to soften then heat over low heat while stirring until gelatine is dissolved--about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth and silky. Add sour cream, sugar and vanilla, beating well to incorporate.
- Gradually add the cooled milk/gelatine mixture, beating well.
- Pour filling over cookie crust, cover and refrigerate for about 4 hours so it's well chilled.
- Drizzle with chocolate ganache.