This ramen steak bowl is an easy way to use leftover steak or London broil. It’s an easy meal with an international flair. Quick to prepare too.
Have BBQ Leftovers?
I imagine most of us do after our 4th of July cookouts.
Leftover chicken is pretty easy to use–either in a casserole or just as is cold.
But what about steak? Reheating it in it’s present form makes it tough and for most of us, overdone. However, there are a couple of ways to dress up leftover steak, and especially London broil.
Your Gain Is Your Dog’s Loss
My dogs used to look forward to my holiday cookouts because when it came to hot dogs, burgers and yep, steak, they were the major recipients of this leftover food.
They began to get disappointed sometime last year when I discovered how to use my leftover steak and London broil.
The first recipe I discovered was Teriyaki Steak Salad since that’s the flavor I usually marinate a London broil. This steak was chili garlic flavored. That marinade was so good I made it again to use as the dressing in this.
Have Ramen Noodles?
I bet you do! I mean, who doesn’t have this guilty pleasure in the pantry.
For this recipe, you’re only going to use the noodles so you can save the flavor packet for another use. You won’t be making a soup with the noodles, but a hot salad of sorts.
I used some great Asian-style veggies in this along with the leftover steak. So this bowl is Asian style, but add what suits your fancy. For instance you can do a fajita-style bowl. Just make sure your sauce flavor matches the flavor you’re going for.
Now, when it comes to the steak, you toss that in the pan at the very end so it just gets warm. As you can see from my pic, it didn’t really “cook” and the meat is as rare as it was when I first served it as steak.
This really tastes great, gives your leftovers a new life and it cooks so quickly, you’ll have this dinner on the table in about 15 minutes! What’s not to love?
- 3 pkgs ramen noodles (save the flavor pack for something else)
- 2 ribs bok choy sliced thinly-include some leaves too
- ½ cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced leftover steak or london broil
- 10 snow peas
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 3 tbs oil
- ½ cup unseasoned rice vinegar
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- a few drops (about 1 tsp) dark sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 1 tbs chili garlic sauce
- Place all dressing ingredients in a covered container and shake to combine; set aside.
- Cook ramen noodles per package directions; drain and rinse.
- Heat a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add the oil.
- Then add the bok chop, red bell pepper, garlic and snow peas. Stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Place the steak in the wok and stir fry for about 30 seconds until just heated through.
- Add the noodles to the wok and toss to combine.
- Drizzle with dressing to taste.