As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Cheesy garlic green beans are a great side dish. Easy to make too.
Cheesy Garlic Green Beans–Delicious!
Do you love garlic? Do you love mozzarella? Then you’re going to love these cheesy garlic green beans!
These green beans make a wonderful side dish. I’d even go further and say because of the cheese, they can also be a meal unto themselves. They contain the great flavor of garlic with roasted beans. This recipe is very basic and you can add any herbs or spice you like and think would “go” with the flavor. They are that versatile.
These would even work well as a buffet item–you could leave the mozzarella off for that if you’d like.
The Green Beans
Like most roasted vegetables, this starts with fresh green beans. Frozen wouldn’t work well here due to the water content and canned…well…you know that story.
Rather than start with bulk fresh beans, I prefer to use the fresh ones that are pre-packaged. You’ll find them where the bagged salads are sold in your store’s produce department. You have a choice there too. You can get the regular green beans, where you do have to remove the stems or opt as I do for the “French” green beans. The French style are skinnier and are already trimmed. They’re the same price so why not save yourself the time and effort. I find the French style has more uniformly shaped beans. No curved beans or anything such as that.
As I mentioned before, these are pretty garlicky. There’s four cloves used. By all means, add more if you’re a real garlic freak. If you’d like a milder flavor use only one or two. How simple is that?
There’s also grated cheese in this as well besides the mozzarella. I use a combo of Parmesan, Romano and Asiago because it’s so flavorful. However, plain old Parmesan will work as well. In fact, that’s what was originally called for in the recipe.
Cheesy Garlic Green Beans
- 1 lb whole fresh green beans trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 tbs grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 425F/220C. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Place green beans on prepared sheet in a single layer; set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix the oil, garlic, grated cheese salt and pepper. Mix well. Drizzle over the beans and toss to coat well.
- Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until beans are bright green and beginning to brown slightly.
- Top with the shredded cheese and pop the pan under the broiler until cheese is melted and beginning to brown in spots.
- Serve immediately.