As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Creamy and cheesy corn casserole! This is a super deluxe version of creamed corn.
If you’re looking for a really super corn side dish for the holidays, look no further!
This casserole is packed with corn, bell peppers and tons of cheddar cheese. It actually could be a vegetarian meal all by itself.
It’s easy to assemble–open a few cans, crush a few crackers, chop some veggies, and you’re done.
This casserole has the consistency of creamed corn–it is one of the ingredients–but as it sits, it will begin to become more compact, giving it the texture similar to corn bread. It can be served piping hot or warm, but either way, it’s delicious.
You can get really fancy here if you want. Use more and different veggies. Add some bacon or ham. Doing these things gives you a complete and tasty meal. Kielbasa or smoked sausage added would be really nice too. This is something you can dress up or down, which makes it very versatile.
Cheddar Corn Casserole
- 14 oz can cream style corn
- 15 oz can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers assorted colors are nice
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 4 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup crushed crackers like Ritz
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 2 quart casserole
- Combine all ingredients and pour into prepared pan
- Bake for 1 hour.
- SLOW COOKER
- Spray of grease the crock of a 5-7 quart slow cooker
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl and add to slow cooker
- Cook on high 3-5 hours, low 4-6 hours. Times are approximate as all slow cookers cook differently so check for doneness at minimum time.