As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Boneless Pork Chops Lombardy Style|
If you find boneless pork chops a bit dry, try this Lombardy-style way to make them. Juicy every time and no waste!
Of course since they were on sale for a ridiculous price last week, I just had to buy them. But I had to figure out how to do them so they required the least amount of cooking and didn’t get dried out.
So I decided to see if I could make them up like Chicken Lombardy since the boneless skinless chicken was quite succulent in that recipe.
|Juicy tender chops that are not dry!|
Since I wanted the minimum amount of cooking with the pork, I sliced my thicker chops in half lengthwise so that they were approximately 1/4-inch thick and the browning would essentially cook them. But if you prefer to buy the thin-sliced chops, that eliminates that step.
This recipe did the trick. These pork chops were juicy and tender and a pleasure to eat!
Boneless Pork Chops Lombardy Style
- 6-8 thin cut boneless center cut pork chops*
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter divided
- 8 oz sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup dry red or white wine
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 green onions chopped
- *Thicker chops may be cut in half lengthwise to about 1/4-inch thickness.
- Heat 2 tbs of the butter in a large skillet. Saute the mushrooms until they begin to caramelize; about 5 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms and set aside.
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
- Melt 1 tbs of the butter in the same skillet.
- Dredge pork chops in flour.
- Brown half of the pork chops well on both sides.
- Add the remaining 1 tbs butter and brown remaining chops.
- Place chops in prepared baking dish. Distribute mushrooms over the top.
- In the same pan you browned the chops in, add the wine and stock, scraping up all the browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring wine/stock mixture to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Pour wine/stock mixture over the chops and mushrooms.
- Mix the shredded cheese with the green onions and distribute evenly across chops and mushrooms.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until cheese is melted.
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2015. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.