As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Buttery Broccoli Cheese Casserole|
Very simple and unbelievably delicious. I first had this when it was served at an impromptu Thanksgiving dinner given by a neighbor whose plans changed due to bad weather. She’s long since moved to sunny Florida, but I have to thank Karen W. for this recipe since it’s a real keeper. It’s a great side for ham, pork or chicken, and of course, turkey. But it’s so rich and filling, I often eat it alone as a main dish.
The casserole dish is from Pillivuyt and it’s their “Eden” line. It’s a 2 quart round gratin. Pillivuyt is made in France and this is guaranteed not to craze EVER. Their glazes are diamond-hard and this ceramic ware is durable. Of course it’s pricey, but well worth it. Revol is another French manufacturer of the same quality. I purchased the Pillivuyt dish from Amazon.
Buttery Broccoli Cheese Casserole
- 2 – 10 oz blocks of frozen chopped broccoli
- 10 oz process cheese spread like Velveeta, cut into cubes
- 1 1/2 sticks butter 3/4 cup, divided
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray a 2 quart casserole.
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain well and set aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the cheese spread with 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) of butter. Stir until smooth. Add broccoli and mix well. Place in prepared casserole. In a medium saucepan, melt the remaining 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter and add crushed crackers, mixing well to coat with butter. Top broccoli mixture with buttered crumbs.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly and cracker crumbs begin to turn golden brown.
Purabi Naha says
Oh, this looks so cheesy and delicious! I love broccolli. Going to try this very soon.
Jim Hammond says
This looks fantastic. Thank you so much for sharing.
Shimon Dabney says
This looks good.Gotta try this & only 4 ingredients. My new side dish.
Tery rainone says
I have been making this dish for 25+ years, it's FANTASTIC. Make sure to prepare twice as much as you think you need, and watch it disappear!!!
Judith Hanneman says
I never had this before my neighbor made it…OMG I made such a pig of myself on this!!! It's the greatest casserole EVER!!
Anne Trotier says
My Mom made a casserole similar to this, but it used Cheez Whiz. Could I substitute without changing the texture too much??
Judith Hanneman says
They’re pretty similar so I’d say it’s OK. Sauce may be a bit thinner though.