As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Melt-in-your-mouth delicious. This cake disappears quickly so make sure you cut yourself a piece and hide it.
I’ve made this for many parties and it’s usually a special request for, “What can I bring,” to dinner invitations.
This is a VERY dense batter so make sure you use a heavy-duty stand mixer (KitchenAid, Cuisinart, Hobart, Kenwood, etc.) as a hand mixer will not hold up mixing this.
Absolutely Almond Pound Cake
Melt-in-your-mouth delicious. This cake disappears quickly so make sure you cut yourself a piece and hide it
Servings: 12 -16
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 can almond pastry filling such as Solo
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp light cream or half and half
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease or spray a Bundt or tube pan. Mix flour, salt & baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Cream butter & sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add almond pastry filling; beat well.
- Add flour mixture and milk, alternating and ending with the flour. Scrape down sides & blend well.
- Place batter in prepared pan, spreading batter evenly in pan. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert on a rack to cool completely. Prepare glaze by mixing confectioner's sugar and almond extract. Add cream, 1 tbs at a time until consistency of a thick but pourable glaze. Drizzle completely cooled cake with glaze. Let glaze set (maybe 15 or so minutes) before slicing.
- NOTE: Almond pastry filling is not almond paste. You cannot substitute almond paste nor marzipan for the almond filling.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 352kcal | Carbohydrates: 45g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 85mg | Sodium: 235mg | Potassium: 134mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 566IU | Calcium: 57mg | Iron: 1mg