This chocolatey almond cheesecake no-bake parfait only looks like you fussed–takes 5 minutes to make!
Here’s another installment in easy no-bake desserts that are ready in a jiff.
This parfait starts with a prime rib roast and here’s how. Rib roast was on sale in my store this week for a ridiculously low price, so naturally I had to buy two. Not a problem for most people who don’t have two freezers stacked to the rafters, but unfortunately, that’s my problem. So I had to make space in one freezer.
While trying to make space, I found a container of whipped topping a bought a month or two ago that I totally forgot about since it was in the back of the freezer. I also felt like eating something chocolate for quite a while and I had some chocolate instant pudding in my cupboard. I always–ALWAYS have cream cheese on hand so not only did I make a fantastic and easy chocolate dessert, I also made room for the extra rib roast!
This dessert literally goes together in 5 minutes. It’s that easy! I usually have toasted sliced almonds on hand because I use them in many things and always make extra so I don’t have to toast them each time I need them. If you have to make them, it’s very easy if you do them stovetop in an un-greased skillet. You do have to keep stirring them so they don’t burn–and they will burn very quickly. This is why I prefer doing them stovetop rather than the oven. In the oven I forget them until I smell them burning. In the frying pan, I’m forced to keep an eye on them.
The chocolate cheesecake part actually has more the texture of a mousse, however, it tastes like cheesecake–just lighter in texture. As always, if you hate almonds or are allergic, just leave them out. This dessert is just fine without them.
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ cup whole milk or half-and-half
- 1 pkg (4-serving size) instant chocolate pudding
- 8 oz tub of whipped topping, divided
- ½ cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tbs mini chocolate chips for garnish (optional)
- chocolate sauce for drizzle (optional) (see NOTE)
- PUDDING MIX IS USED DRY DO NOT MAKE AS PER PACKAGE DIRECTIONS
- Beat softened cream cheese with ¼ cup of the milk. Beat until smooth.
- Add the remaining milk and chocolate pudding mix. Beat for 1 minute.
- Fold in HALF the tub of whipped topping (no need to measure, by your eye is fine)
- Divide half the chocolate mixture between 4 parfait glasses or old fashioned glasses (stemless red wine glasses work well too)
- Place 2 tbs of the toasted almonds on top of the chocolate mixture in each glass.
- Divide remaining whipped topping between the 4 glasses making a layer of plain whipped topping.
- Top each glass with the remaining chocolate mixture and garnish with mini chocolate chips if desired and drizzle with chocolate sauce if desired.
If you want to make your own chocolate sauce, microwave ¼ cup chocolate chips with 3 tbs heavy cream for 20 seconds. Stir until chocolate is completely melted