As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This chocolatey almond cheesecake no-bake parfait only looks like you fussed–takes 5 minutes to make!
Here’s another installment in easy no-bake desserts that are ready in a jiff.
This parfait starts with a prime rib roast and here’s how. Rib roast was on sale in my store this week for a ridiculously low price, so naturally I had to buy two. Not a problem for most people who don’t have two freezers stacked to the rafters, but unfortunately, that’s my problem. So I had to make space in one freezer.
While trying to make space, I found a container of whipped topping a bought a month or two ago that I totally forgot about since it was in the back of the freezer. I also felt like eating something chocolate for quite a while and I had some chocolate instant pudding in my cupboard. I always–ALWAYS have cream cheese on hand so not only did I make a fantastic and easy chocolate dessert, I also made room for the extra rib roast!
This dessert literally goes together in 5 minutes. It’s that easy! I usually have toasted sliced almonds on hand because I use them in many things and always make extra so I don’t have to toast them each time I need them. If you have to make them, it’s very easy if you do them stovetop in an un-greased skillet. You do have to keep stirring them so they don’t burn–and they will burn very quickly. This is why I prefer doing them stovetop rather than the oven. In the oven I forget them until I smell them burning. In the frying pan, I’m forced to keep an eye on them.
The chocolate cheesecake part actually has more the texture of a mousse, however, it tastes like cheesecake–just lighter in texture. As always, if you hate almonds or are allergic, just leave them out. This dessert is just fine without them.
Chocolate Almond Cheesecake Parfait
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 1/4 cup whole milk or half-and-half
- 1 pkg 4-serving size instant chocolate pudding
- 8 oz tub of whipped topping divided
- 1/2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 tbsp mini chocolate chips for garnish optional
- chocolate sauce for drizzle optional (see NOTE)
- PUDDING MIX IS USED DRY DO NOT MAKE AS PER PACKAGE DIRECTIONS
- Beat softened cream cheese with 1/4 cup of the milk. Beat until smooth.
- Add the remaining milk and chocolate pudding mix. Beat for 1 minute.
- Fold in HALF the tub of whipped topping (no need to measure, by your eye is fine)
- Divide half the chocolate mixture between 4 parfait glasses or old fashioned glasses (stemless red wine glasses work well too)
- Place 2 tbs of the toasted almonds on top of the chocolate mixture in each glass.
- Divide remaining whipped topping between the 4 glasses making a layer of plain whipped topping.
- Top each glass with the remaining chocolate mixture and garnish with mini chocolate chips if desired and drizzle with chocolate sauce if desired.