As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Air fryer honey dipt garlic chicken will wow your fans of crispy and garlicky chicken.
The Secret To Perfect Chicken
The answer to the above is simple–air fry it!
This honey dipt garlic chicken is no exception. Since the air fryer produces outstanding results, I recommend it whole heartedly to make this recipe!
A few weeks ago, I dusted off my deep-fat fryer because I had a hankering for the “real thing.” Well, I’m here to tell you that I have come to prefer fried chicken done in the air fryer. My standard deep fried wasn’t juicy at all and the coating was hard rather than crispy. Several friends said exactly the same when they compared each that I made.
Are you a fan of crispy chicken skin? I’m all in on this and one of the tips I picked up from some wonderful cooks in groups I’m in is–get this–baking powder! Yes, it really does work. Just add a tablespoon or two to your seasoned flour and you’re all set.
However, I pretty much streamlined that process by using self-rising flour instead of all purpose. Just be a bit careful with salt if you use self-rising flour because it does contain a bit of salt.
How Garlicky Can You Go
Just how garlicky you want the chicken is entirely up to you.
The recipe is written for average tastes which is one medium clove per half cup of honey. If anyone on your list is not a garlic lover (gasp!!!) the chicken will taste fine if you leave it out of the glaze.
Since I love garlic, I add one huge clove or two medium in the glaze. I also use a garlic press because I can’t mince that fine and you’re getting all the aromatic oils released.
Air Fryer Honey Dipt Garlic Chicken
- 1 whole chicken cut up or equivalent parts
- oil for spraying
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- pinch cayenne optional
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- Mix all coating ingredients in a large plastic bag. Coat chicken.
- Place chicken in air fryer and set at 400F/200C. Spray with a bit of oil, then air fry for 25-30 minutes turning mid-way. Always test for doneness by using an instant-read thermometer. The chicken should measure 160F/75C at it's thickest part.
- Mix the glaze ingredients and brush on hot chicken. Serve immediately