Sweet and tangy thai chili sauce glaze make these ribs extra yummy, and they’re easy to make too!
Thai Sweet Chili Ribs: Just The Right Kick
If you like your ribs sweet with a little kick of heat, you’ll just love these ribs!
You can use prepared Thai sweet chili sauce in the glaze recipe, or make your own. The choice here is completely up to you.
Prepare The Ribs Your Favorite Way
My favorite way to make ribs is to use my Instant Pot because they are ready quickly.
If your favorite way is a slow cooker, then use that method. Last but not least is to prepare them by roasting them in the oven. I’d reserve the oven method for cooler weather. The previous methods won’t heat your kitchen in the warmer months.
Speaking of the summer, these ribs are great finished off on the BBQ grill.
Finish Off Those Ribs
No matter which way you choose to initially cook your ribs, they are all finished the same way.
Weather permitting, I prefer to use my gas grill to crisp up my ribs, but if you don’t have an outside grill or the weather isn’t conducive to cooking outside, then your good old stove broiler will do the trick.
The crisping phase doesn’t last long so even using your range’s broiler in the hotter weather won’t result in too much heat in the kitchen. All it takes is about five minutes.
Thai Sweet Chili Ribs
- 1 slab meaty baby back pork ribs
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup thai sweet chili sauce store bought or your own
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbs low-sodium soy sauce
- Rinse ribs and pull off the membrane that covers the bone.
- Cut into 2-rib portions and place in Instant Pot(or any electric pressure cooker). Pour in water, juice and add garlic clove.
- Seal and cook on Manual setting for 15 minutes (this is also High or 15 PSI). Let pressure drop naturally for 10 minutes, then release the pressure.
- In a small bowl, mix all the sauce ingredients.
- Generously coat all sides of the ribs with the sauce.
- Broil on high (or over high heat on an outside BBQ grill) for about 3 minutes each side. Keep an eye on the ribs to make sure they just crisp and don’t burn.
- Serve immediately with extra sauce if desired.
*Post may contain affiliate linksYum