As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Slow Cooker Chicken & Vegetables|
A complete and thoroughly delicious ranch-flavored chicken and veggies all from your crock pot.
This post departs from my usual image-filled posts–reason being my sister is visiting and we’ve been spending time catching up. So I just grabbed my iPad instead of my regular more sophisticated camera, and snapped this pic. We were hungry too–all that chattering really wears you out! 😉
I was dying to try this version which came from member Lisa W of my Facebook crock pot group. There’s another version with a different flavor that was originally made by my friend Sarah of The Magical Slow Cooker. Those versions use boneless skinless breast, but I substituted thighs since I really am not fond of the texture of breast meat from the slow cooker.
It’s very easy to prepare and the results are just wonderful. We devoured it.
I do suggest using the ranch seasoning mix that I link to in the ingredient list. I made this up especially for when I had to combine ranch dressing mix with a prepared dry gravy mix so I could control the salt. Many things made with this combo taste very salty to me so I made up Missy’s recipe and used half the salt called for in her version. I also used unsalted butter. I might add that this homemade version is far superior to the packets you buy in the store.
Slow Cooker Chicken & Vegetables
- 4 large chicken thighs or small chicken leg quarters
- 1 lb fresh whole green beans cut off stems
- 4 medium red potatoes cut in chunks
- 1 envelope chicken gravy mix
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing/seasoning mix*
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup water
- *You can also use the dry commercial ranch salad dressing mix
- Place chicken pieces in center of a large (6+ quart) crockpot. An oval crock pot is a great help here if you have one.
- Place green beans on one side of the chicken, the cubed potatoes on the other side of the chicken.
- Mix the gravy mix and ranch dressing/seasoning in a small bowl. Distribute it over the chicken pieces only. Place butter on top on the dressing/gravy mixture.
- Pour half the water over the potatoes and the remaining half over the green beans.
- Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours; on high 5-6 hours.
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2015. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.