These cheesy shrimp and bacon stuffed chicken breasts are a gourmet treat and the secret is–they’re easy to make.
I love chicken–which is evidenced by how many chicken recipes I have on this site!
However, I love tasty and flavorful chicken, and this can be a problem with boneless skinless breasts. You have to do something with it to get it to taste something other than bland, and considering this cut goes on sale quite often, that can be a challenge.
This is another recipe I based off an Olive Garden hack much like my Cheese Stuffed Chicken in White Wine Sauce. I remembered eating chicken there ages ago that was stuffed with cheese and shrimp and I loved it.
|Deliciously gourmet without a lot of work|
While this is not exactly alfredo, the stuffing’s taste is reminiscent of it. And it can always be served with an alfredo sauce if you think that serving it plain might be too dry. I didn’t find it so, but tastes vary!
The easiest way of stuffing chicken and getting it to cook pretty evenly is to butterfly it. I’ve included a video just in case you don’t know how to do this. It will resemble a butterfly’s wings when it’s done. You place the stuffing on one wing, and fold the other one over it. That’s about as easy as it gets!
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tbs olive oil
- ½ cup cream
- 2 slices white bread, cut in tiny cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, minced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup shredded asiago cheese
- 2 tbs grated Parmesan -OR- Romano cheese
- 2 strips crisp-cooked bacon, finely diced
- ½ cup tiny cooked shrimp, chopped
- ¼ cup (approximate) heavy cream
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Seasoned Bread Crumbs:
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Panko bread crumbs
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray an oblong baking dish -OR- you can use a totally oven-safe skillet (in which the dish may be entirely cooked)
- Butterfly the chicken breasts. Here's a video to show you how:
- Mix the seasoned breadcrumb ingredients and place them on a plate; set aside.
- Mix the stuffing ingredients, using only enough heavy cream to hold them together--they should not be wet.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil.
- Place the ½ cup of cream on a plate. Coat the outer side only of the butterflied chicken breast with the cream, now dredge this coated side in the prepared crumbs. Place ¼ of the filling on half of the uncoated side of the chicken. Fold the other half over the stuffing. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Brown chicken in oil in the hot skillet. If you are using an oven-safe skillet, you can pop this in the oven. If using the oblong baking dish, transfer browned chicken to the dish and place in the oven.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until chicken tests done by either an insta-read thermometer or juices run clear.
|Shrimp & Bacon Alfredo Stuffed Chicken|
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2015. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.Yum