As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Roasted Buffalo cauliflower is a tasty side dish as well as a great appetizer. Great for low-carb diets too.
Buffalo Cauliflower: An Excellent Appetizer
Cauliflower has become fashionable as of late.
I find recipes where cauliflower is standing in for a lot of starchy ingredients. Folks who follow a low-carb eating plan utilize this veggie as a substitute for many things, such as potatoes and even pizza crusts.
But as they say, there is nothing new under the sun. I remember my sister substituting mashed cauliflower for mashed potatoes in her shepherd’s pie when she was on Weight Watchers many years ago.
A Vegetarian Version Of Buffalo Wings
If you are having a party or BBQ where you’ll have some vegetarian friends attending, these roasted buffalo cauliflower florets are a must for your buffet. Of course you don’t have to be vegetarian to like them. In fact, they are so delicious you might want to double the recipe so you don’t run out! These please meat eaters too.
Since the sauce calls for butter, the recipe isn’t vegan. However, substituting vegan butter or coconut oil for the regular butter will make them vegan.
Do Them On The BBQ Grill
These florets cook at a relatively high oven temperature. That’s fine in late fall and winter.
In the summer, just make them on your outside grill. I have used my gas grill for years to roast veggies and it does an excellent job.
I would advise getting a BBQ skillet for roasting vegetables. It’s especially handy for small stuff that can fall through the grates. I’ve used one for years and it was one of the best purchases I made for outdoor cooking.
Roasted Buffalo Cauliflower
- 1 medium head fresh cauliflower
- 1 cup prepared Buffalo wing sauce -OR- homemade see recipe below
- 2/3 cup hot sauce such as Frank’s
- 1 1/2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp worchestershire sauce
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 450℉. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with non-stick spray.
- Break up cauliflower into bite-sized florets. Place in a large bowl, add sauce and toss to coat.
- Lay cauliflower in a single layer on the prepared sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, turning the cauliflower half way through the cooking time, until lightly browned.
- To make your own sauce per recipe above: Put all sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and heat until butter melts. Stir to blend.
*Post may contain affiliate links
Marisa Franca @ All Our Way says
This sounds so tasty!! We grill out 80% of the time and we do have a grill bowl for veggies. And this whole family is nuts about Buffalo wings so I’m sure this will be a huge success!! Have a great weekend.
Marisa Franca @ All Our Way recently posted…Orzo Stuffed Peppers Italian Style with Spinach and Grape Tomatoes
Judith Hanneman says
You too Marisa!