Jazz up your cornbread with some tangy peppers and great tasting cheeses!
This goes so well with a bowl of steaming chili. It’s the perfect twosome for a chilly night’s dinner.
Poblano and Cheese Cornbread
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 - 15 oz can creamed corn
- 1/4 cup diced poblano peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Grease a 13 x 9 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time. Blend in cream corn, peppers, Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese.
- In a separate bowl, stir together
- flour, cornmeal, baking powder and salt. Add flour mixture to corn
- mixture; stir until smooth. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour, until a toothpick inserted into center of the pan comes out clean.
|Poblano and Cheese Cornbread|