As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Want a quick snack for the big game? Pesto cheese pinwheels are just what you need!
Pesto Pinwheels: Easy Snack
Ever get a snack attack and want something savory and quick? How about no real work?
Well here you have it. These pesto pinwheels use all no-work no-hassle ingredients. That’s because they’re all prepared!
The beauty of these is you can change up the cheeses and even substitute things like pizza sauce if you have no prepared pesto on hand. Since pizza dough is a common ingredient for many other things, it’s not unusual to have a tube of the refrigerated kind right in your fridge.
How About That Super Bowl?
If you’re having a Super Bowl party with guests or if it’s just the family watching, snacks are always in order. Have you ever run out of tidbits to eat? I know I have so I rely on recipes such as this where I can get them up and out in less than 30 minutes.
I’ve done a lot of entertaining in my day and there’s nothing worse than running out of food. I’ve had guests who’ve been overzealous in their eating so I make sure I’m always prepared with recipes like these pesto pinwheels or even something totally prepared that I keep in my freezer. It’s terribly embarrassing to run out of stuff. It happened to me once when I was not prepared so I make sure I have things on hand,
So even if you’re not hosting a party but you get midnight snack attacks where you want something savory, this really fills the bill. And the leftovers? They reheat very well in the microwave or air fryer.
If you don’t happen to have the ready-made stuff on hand, pizza dough is pretty easy to make from scratch.
However, if you have a tube of crescent roll dough, that can stand in nicely. They will, of course, have a different texture but that’s not necessarily a bad thing. They’ll be a lot richer tasting.
- 1 tube refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 cup pesto
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 400F/200C. Lightly spray a 8 or 8-inch square pan with non-stick spray.
- Roll out pizza dough to a 16 x 8-inch rectangle.
- Spread pesto on top of pizza dough, leaving 1-inch/2.5 cm on one long end plain.
- Sprinkle with the cheeses and roll up from the long end opposite the plain end. Cut into 16 rolls (a serrated knife works best) and place 4 across and 4 down in the prepared pan.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.