As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Cheesy Bacon Ranch Pizza|
Here’s a pizza with the cool taste of ranch, tons of bacon and oodles of cheese. Doesn’t get much better than this for a holiday appetizer or a quick and easy dinner.
|Kiddos and adults love it|
You’d have to go far and wide to find someone who doesn’t like cheese and bacon. And when you combine that with America’s favorite fast food–pizza–you have a real winner.
|Make rectangular shape for parties–easier to portion|
This will be a crowd pleaser at your holiday party. Just cut the slices smaller. I’d recommend doing a rectangular one to make it even easer on yourself for preparation and cutting.
|Who can resist gobs of cheese and loads of bacon?|
You can make your own crust or use store bought. Either way, it’s great and if you want to eliminate any rolling or even opening a tube, buy a Boboli bread crust! It’s the toppings here that are the star of the show.
Cheesy Bacon Ranch Pizza
- 3/4 cup ranch dressing
- 8 slices crisp-cooked bacon crumbled
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup diced bell peppers any color
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- pizza dough*
- Homemade Pizza Dough:
- 1 3/4 - 2 1/4 cups flour
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast also called "bread machine yeast
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2/3 cup very warm 120-130 degrees F water
- 3 tbs olive oil
- *You may use refrigerated (either in the tube or the one sold in most supermarket bakeries) pizza dough instead of making your own. Ready-made crust like Boboli may be used too.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- To make your own dough:
- Mix 1 cup of flour, yeast sugar and salt in a large bowl. Add the water and oil and blend well. Add only enough flour to form a soft, yet slightly sticky dough.
- Turn out on a floured board and knead for about 4 minutes; cover and let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Lightly spray or grease either a 12-inch pizza pan or small (13 x 9-inch) rectangular baking or cookie sheet (one with sides). Roll or pat dough in pan. Form a rim by pinching or rolling the edges slightly.
- To assemble the pizza:
- Spread the ranch dressing evenly over the crust. Sprinkle with bacon, onion and bell pepper. Cover top with shredded mozzarella.
- Bake in lowest rack in the oven Bake for 12-15 minutes or until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with sliced green onions.
- Serves 3 as a meal, 9 as an appetizer.
|Cheesy Bacon Ranch Pizza|
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2014. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.