|Parmesan Garlic Snack Mix|
Here’s a cereal snack mix bursting with the flavors of Parmesan cheese and garlic. Perfect for Super Bowl snacking.
It can be as garlicky as you care to make it. I’m in love with the stuff so I add a full tablespoon. Add less if you don’t mind fighting off a few vampires 🙂 If you don’t care for garlic at all, use some onion powder instead. Add a combo of both if you like both!
I prefer Romano to Parmesan which is why I tend to use that more. Either cheese–or a combo–works well here.
It’s addictive, so be prepared to make another batch!
- 4 cups chex-style cereal (any variety)
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 2 cups small crackers
- 6 tbs butter
- 1 tbs garlic powder
- ¼-1/2 cup grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil; set aside.
- Mix the cereal, pretzels and crackers in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter either in the microwave or stovetop. Add the garlic powder to the butter and stir to combine.
- Drizzle the butter mixture evenly over cereal mixture. Stir well, making sure the pieces are coated with the garlic butter.
- Stir in desired amount of cheese. Spread out on baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring midway between the cooking.
- Alternately, the snack mix may be placed in a slow cooker set on high. Cook for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Turn slow cooker to warm setting and serve mix directly from the pot.
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2015. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.