As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Air fryer sausage balls are perfect for your New Years or Super Bowl party.
Easy Sausage Balls
With New Year’s parties coming up, there’s definitely a need for great appetizer recipes. Let’s not forget that the Super Bowl is on the horizon too so delicious party food is needed. And if it’s easy, then all the better.
Now these air fryer sausage balls fill the bill on both fronts; delicious and easy. They have only three ingredients and I am willing to bet you might have all the ingredients you need on hand.
Since I make so many things with refrigerated crescent roll dough, I always have at least two tubes in the fridge. I usually have a roll of bulk sausage in the freezer to. And shredded cheese? Uh huh, got that too.
Air Fryer Is Perfect For Appetizers
I’m the first to admit I love my air fryer (affiliate link). Mine isn’t one of the newer and fancier ones. I have a 5 Q basket style. This is one of the most versatile appliances you’ll ever have. While I love–and have come to prefer–air fryer fried chicken–it’s also my go-to appliance for appetizers and snacks like these garbanzos. These sausage balls are not exception.
When making this recipe, I am advising the use of the parchment rounds (affiliate link) sold specifically for air fryers. They will make clean up much easier due to the amount of cheese in these sausage balls. They won’t eliminate cleaning, just makes it easier. I don’t use them often but this is one time I do use them.
Sausage And Cheese
Here, the choice is totally up to you. I use mild-flavored sausage and mild cheddar in mine. That’s a pretty safe choice if you’re feeding people whose tastes are not familiar to you.
However, there are many varieties of sausage–hot, very herby and even maple flavors. If you’re serving people who like hot and spicy then the hot variety is a no-brainer. Chicken or turkey sausage would be great (and less fatty) too.
When it comes to cheese, frankly anything you like is fine here.
Air Fryer Sausage Balls
- 16 oz bulk sausage meat
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 8 oz refrigerated crescent roll dough 1 tube
- 2 tbs flour
- 3 Parchment rounds
- Place sausage and cheese in a large bowl.
- Unroll crescent dough. Dust one side with 1 tablespoon on the flour; flip and dish the other side with the remaining flour. Cut into small squares--about 1/4-inch. Add these to the sausage mixture and incorporate into the mixture. It will be sticky but try to mix as thoroughly as possible.
- Line air fryer basket with a parchment round. Form mixture into balls about 1-inch/2.5-cm in diameter. Place 1/3 of the balls into the fryer.
- Fry at 390 F/198 C for 6 minutes. Turn balls with tongs and fry an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat 3 times, using a fresh parchment round each time.