As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Dinner’s on the table in 20 minutes with this quick, easy and tasty one-pan stroganoff. The surprise? No canned condensed soup!
If you want a dinner that’s super quick to make, tastes good and has all-natural ingredients, look no further than this stroganoff.
There’s so many good things to say about this dish–and that it cooks all in one pan is another bonus. This was adapted from a recipe from Pillsbury.
You need a very deep skillet to make it. A dutch oven or chef’s pan is even better because it has to hold over 3 cups of liquid plus a half a bag of egg noodles. What happens is the “sauce” reduces as the noodles cook. Just make sure to stir frequently so all the noodles cook. A non-stick pot would be your best choice for this.
Fresh chives should be used because of their excellent, mild oniony flavor, but if you don’t have fresh, then the dried kind you buy from the spice aisle is fine too. In a pinch you can substitute fresh or dry parsley for the chives. Fresh mushrooms can replace the canned if you have them on hand.
Greek yogurt may also be substituted for the sour cream here as well.
While I don’t mind using condensed cream soup in lots of dishes for convenience sake, I actually like it when I find something that doesn’t rely on it. This meal doesn’t.
This is a good meal for the holiday season because it’s quick and fuss-free. At this time of year most of us are busy with many other things and having an arsenal of easy peasy meals is a boon!
- 1 lb very lean ground beef
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 4 oz cans button mushrooms,drained
- 1 cup light cream/half and half/evaporated milk
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 8 oz uncooked medium egg noodles 1/2 a bag
- 8 oz sour cream or greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp snipped fresh chives or 2 tsp dehydrated chives
- Brown ground beef in a 4-5 quart dutch oven over high heat. Don't drain.
- Add salt, garlic powder, pepper and mushrooms.
- Cook stirring frequently until mushrooms begin to brown.
- Add cream and water; stir.
- Add noodles (noodles won't be submerged).
- Bring to boi lover high heat, lower heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently to make sure all noodles are cooked.
- Mix sour cream with the chives.
- Stir sour cream mixture into pan.
- Serve immediately.