As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Strawberry mousse pie is a perfect summertime dessert because it’s no bake!
Easiest Dessert Ever
This is one of the easiest desserts you will ever make. It’s also perfect for the hot summer months because there’s absolutely no baking involved!
There’s a minimum of prep too. While I chose to make my own graham cracker crust because I had a lot of graham crackers on hand, it’s not required. You can buy a store-bought one and that will save you time.
You can use any cookie crust you prefer. It’s not necessary to use the one stated in the recipe. Whatever suits your taste is just fine.
Watching Your Calories?
This strawberry pie is pretty low in calories made the original way.
However, you can lower those calories even more by using sugar-free, low-fat and fat-free products in place of the regular ones called for in the recipe.
Even in the original version, there is no added sugar except for the gelatin. If you make your own crust, you can eliminate the sugar there too. I often do as I find graham crackers sweet enough in themselves. If you choose to make this with other cookies, there should be enough sweetness from the cookies alone.
The original recipe called for lemon gelatin. While I love lemon anything, I found that flavor hard to find in any store I shop in. Besides, I figured I had enough lemon-flavored desserts on the site already, so I chose another flavor.
I happened to have some strawberry gelatin on hand so I used that in place of the lemon. The pie had a bolder flavor because of that and one I found quite pleasing.
In fact, you can substitute almost any flavor gelatin in this. I think raspberry with a chocolate cookie crust would be fantastic and that’s the way I am making this next. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
No-Bake Strawberry Mousse Pie
- 3 oz strawberry gelatin small box (see NOTES)
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cottage cheese see NOTES
- 1/4 cup sour cream see NOTES
- 1 cup whipped topping
For Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 6 tbsp melted unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar optional
Graham Cracker Crust
- Mix all ingredients in a small bowl until crumbs are all coated with butter.
- Press mixture into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a large bowl; cool to room temperature.
- Puree cottage cheese and sour cream in a food processor or Ninja; stir into cooled gelatin.
- Fold in the whipped topping then pour the mixture into the prepared crust.
- Refrigerate until firm, about 3 hours.
*Adapted from Daisy