As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This creamy no-bake pineapple cream dessert is an oldie but a goodie.
Pineapple Cream Dessert: Perfect For Summer
Pineapple just seems to scream summer! OK I know it’s available year round, but it’s tropical origins put it squarely in the summer category–at least for me.
Another reason this is a perfect dessert for summer is that it’s totally no bake!
If You Love Cheesecake…
Then you’ll love this dessert!
The filling is a creamy pineapple-flavored cheesecake and it’s mounded on top of a buttery graham cracker crust. It’s just totally yummy.
Keep in mind that the cheesecake layer may also be used as a sweet dip. Of course it goes well with graham crackers, but it’s also nice with vanilla or chocolate wafers.
Watching Your Weight?
Then you’ll really love this recipe.
Why? Because you can substitute low-fat and low-sugar products for the regular. In fact, I made this for a friend who wanted to lose a few pounds but not skimp on his beloved cheesecake.
I made the filling with Neufchatel cheese (aka “low-fat cream cheese”) and light whipped topping. The sugar was omitted in the crust because grahams are pretty sweet anyway, plus I used low-fat grahams. Not that it made any difference in calories, but I used unrefined coconut oil to bind the crumbs. Now THAT is yummy no matter what version you make because it adds a subtle coconut flavor which enhances the coconut in the filling.
There was absolutely no flavor or texture loss using the reduced-fat products. My friend has eaten this dessert made the standard way so he knows what it tastes like. He said he couldn’t tell the difference and this fellow is a “foodie” who knows his food!
If You Make No-Bake Cookies….
Watch The Video
No-Bake Pineapple Cream Dessert
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 1 tub 8 oz whipped topping
- 1 large can 14-16 oz crushed pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut for topping.
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- For crust: Mix the graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Add the melted butter and stir to combine well. Press into a 8 x 8- or 9 x 9-inch pan.
- Filling: In a large bowl, beat the softened cream cheese and confectioner’s sugar until very smooth.
- Beat in the tub of whipped topping. Then fold in the drained pineapple.
- Spread filling on top of crust. Top with pineapple chunks and sprinkle with coconut.
- Chill very well—at least 4 hours, preferably overnight