As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy to make and perfect for a holiday dessert! This no-bake dessert has a cookie crumb crust with layers of peppermint cheesecake and creamy chocolate topped with whipped topping.
Here’s a festive dessert that’s perfect for the holiday season!
It’s very easy even though it looks complicated! The crust, made with vanilla wafers, is delicious and simple. For a more chocolatey experience, try making the crumbs with Oreos or any other chocolate cookie.
The cheesecake layer is flavored with crushed candy canes. You can use starlight mints too. Using the candies imparts a delicate minty flavor and the bonus here is it also colors the cheesecake a lovely pink color.
The chocolate layer is pudding, pure and simple and the topping is whipped topping!
Only your guests will think you fussed over this one.
This must be served well chilled–about 4 hours in the coldest part of the fridge–but what I usually do with these types of desserts is instead of merely chilling, I freeze it!
Freezing not only makes this very easy to cut, it tastes just like ice cream cake!
If you don’t want to freeze it solid but want to be able to cut it more easily, just place it in the freezer for about an hour.
No-Bake Chocolate Peppermint Squares
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 1/4 cup 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 2 tbs sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup finely crushed peppermint candy cane -OR- starlight mints
- 2 tbs milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup whipped topping
- 1 pkg 4-serving size instant chocolate pudding
- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 8 oz 1 tub whipped topping
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped peppermint candy cane
- **You will need 2 tubs (8 oz) of whipped topping OR a larger 12-ounce container. You won't use all of it though.
- Mix crust ingredients well and press into the bottom of a 9 x 9-inch pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Peppermint layer: Beat cream cheese and milk until smooth and silky. Add sugar and crushed candy and beat well. Fold in whipped topping. Spread on top of crust in pan.
- Chocolate layer: Beat pudding mix and milk for 2 minutes; spread on top of peppermint cheese layer. Let set for 5-10 minutes.
- Top with the tub of whipped topping. Sprinkle with coarsely chopped candy cane,
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- *For a really special treat, instead of refrigerating FREEZE for 4 hours--just like ice cream cake!
Looks yummy, must try.
Judith Hanneman says
Freeze it if you can–it’s the bomb!!