Easy chicken and roasted veggie dinner that cooks all in one pan. Italian herbs, grated cheese and tart lemon make this a taste sensation.
I was intrigued by this recipe when I saw it floating around my Facebook groups. Truthfully, the recipe I saw sounded bland and the only flavor seemed to be lemon.
Where lemon does add some flavor, it appeared flat, so I decided to add some nice Italian herbs and parmesan cheese into the mix. I thought that would give this recipe a kick and lots of flavor. It would also add so much to the veggies as well.
I have to say I wasn’t too crazy about turning on the oven since we’re experiencing our usual September heat wave here in upstate New York, but I thought this one, with my adjustments, would be worth it. I wasn’t wrong! This is very VERY good.
Despite cooking close to one hour, the boneless skinless breasts were not dry–they were tender and juicy. The next time I’m going to try this with chicken thighs. I think that would be even more flavorful.
These breast portions were very large, therefore I made only two. Half of one of these breast portions is a generous serving, but if you have smaller portions, then to serve four you would have to use four chicken breasts.
Italian Herb Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lemons 1 thinly sliced, 1 juiced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 pound trimmed green beans
- 8 small red potatoes quartered
- 4 chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat a large baking dish or cast-iron skillet with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil.
- Arrange the lemon slices in a single layer in the bottom of the dish or skillet.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, oregano, basil and pepper; add the chicken, green beans and potatoes and toss to coat. Pour this mix into the pan and spread around evenly.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top.
- Roast for 50 minutes or until cooked through.