As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
They’ll come back for seconds and thirds with this easy-to-make lemony dessert.
Do You Love A Great Dessert?
Who doesn’t love dessert? This one is so good, they’ll come back for seconds!
This parfait requires no baking and that makes it perfect for summer. Nothing says summer more than lemons.
When Life Hands You Lemons…
As the old saying goes, you make lemonade. And that’s the secret to the wonderfully tart flavor of this parfait.
This was a trick I discovered when I found the recipe for my Lemonade Squares. In fact, the lemon filling for those squares gets repurposed in this dessert parfait.
The tart lemon is offset by sweetened whipped cream or if you don’t want to bother making your own whipped cream, use commercial whipped topping. I used the stuff in the tub for convenience sake, but it still tastes marvelous.
Plain or Fancy
This lemon parfait is great as a simple family dessert or it can be “fancied” up for company.
When it’s just the family, the lemon filling can merely be spooned into a dish with a dollop of whipped cream on top. To dress this up for guests, you can do it in layers of filling and cream in an old-fashioned glass or stemless wine glass.
Your guests will think you fussed, and only you will know you didn’t.
Lemon Cream Parfait
- 1 pkg instant lemon pudding mix small box, 4 serving size
- 5 oz evaporated milk
- 2 bars 8 oz each cream cheese at room temperature
- 6 oz frozen concentrated lemonade mix defrosted
- 8 oz tub whipped topping -OR- 2 cups real whipped cream
- In a small bowl, beat pudding mix and evaporated milk for 1 minute; set aside and let stand for 2 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add the lemonade concentrate and beat well.
- Gradually add the pudding/milk mixture and beat well to incorporate.
- To make parfaits: distribute half of the lemon/cream cheese mixture evenly in 4 old-fashioned or stemless wine glasses.
- Place a layer of topping or cream on top, then distribute remaining half of the lemon mixture on top of the whipped cream.
- Garnish with a dollop of cream. Chill for at least 2 hours.
- Alternately, dessert may be served in individual bowls and topped with the whipped cream (if you don't want to get fancy)