As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
How do you say pure heaven but purely easy? It’s this fantastic dessert that will have them begging not just for seconds, but thirds.
French Apple Pie Cobbler
- 1 can apple pie filling
- 1 box Jiffy single-layer yellow cake mix or 1/2 box of a 2-layer size
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 tbs sliced almonds
- 2 tbs chopped walnuts
- 1 tbs butter
- 2 tbs dark brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray or grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch pan (loaf pan). Spread apple pie filling evenly across the bottom
- Break off bits of the 1 tbs of butter and dot the filling with it.
- Top with the dry cake mix; spread cake mix evenly across the top.
- Drizzle the 1/4 cup of melted butter evenly over the top of the cake mix.
- Sprinkle nuts over the top
- Mix the 2 tbs of dark brown sugar with the cinnamon. Sprinkle evenly across the top and over the nuts.
- Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes, or until center of cobbler feels solid to the touch and brown sugar begins to caramelize.
- Serves 6