As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Super-easy potato salad combines the herby flavor of ranch seasoning and the smoky heat of chipotles. A real crowd pleaser!
It combines the popular flavor of ranch with the subtle smokiness of chipotle peppers.
|Perfectly balanced flavors|
The salad is not overwhelmed with either flavor–just enough to keep it interesting and under-the-radar heat so even the kiddos will love this. Of course add more chipotle for more smokiness and heat if you wish!
I make my own ranch seasoning mix–and I give the link to my favorite recipe in the ingredient list. I tend to make up a big batch of this but I only use half the salt that Missy suggests. Remember, you can always add, but you can’t take it out!
|Skin on makes a nice presentation|
When I use red potatoes, which are pretty much my go-to potato for salads, I don’t peel them; just scrub ’em up really well and leave the skin on. Skin-on potatoes make a nice presentation too.
If you don’t have chives (I grow them–try snipping a bunch into mashed potatoes–HEAVEN), then green onion would be a good substitute.
Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad
- 2 lbs small red potatoes cooked
- 1 chipotle in adobo finely diced and mashed
- 2 tbs ranch seasoning mix*
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup snipped chives
- *Commercial dressing mix (the dry stuff) may be substituted.
- Cut the cooked potatoes into chunks--leave the skin on for added color; place in a large bowl and mix in chives.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the mayonnaise, ranch seasoning mix and the chipotle. Mix well.
- Add enough of the mayonnaise mixture to suit your taste. I used almost the entire recipe because I like a very "mayonnaisy" salad.
- Add salt & pepper to taste.
|Chipotle Ranch Potato Salad|
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2015. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.