As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Pork Chops on Rice|
Simple and delicious. Rice is like risotto with no work at all! Light on calories too.
This is a fast and almost work-free dinner. It’s actually a total meal in itself since there’s plenty of veggies right in the rice!!! Add more veggies too if you want! I used up some leftover canned carrots, but most anything would work here.
Baked Pork Chops on Rice
Baked pork chops on rice is a total meal in itself since there’s plenty of veggies in the rice!
- 4 boneless loin pork chops about 3/4-inch thick
- 1 cup brown rice or white rice
- 20 oz cream of celery soup 2 - 10 oz cans
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 ribs celery sliced
- 15 oz canned sliced carrots drained
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp thyme
- 2 tsp olive oil for basting
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray a 13 x 9-inch pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together the rice, soup, water, 2 tbs olive oil, celery and carrots. Pour in prepared baking dish.
- Mix the salt, pepper, garlic powder and thyme in a small cup.
- Place pork chops on top of rice mixture in pan. Baste pork chops with the 2 tsp olive oil. Sprinkle with salt mixture.
- Bake for 45-60 minutes. White rice will require a shorter cook time. If using white rice, check rice for doneness in 30 minutes.
Serving: 1chop | Calories: 610kcal | Carbohydrates: 57g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 1193mg | Potassium: 1184mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 18295IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 122mg | Iron: 3mg
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2014. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.