As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Garlic sesame garbanzos are a quick air fryer snack.
If you’re looking for a great-tasting snack (that just may be good for you too), then look no further than these air fryer sesame garlic garbanzos.
Admittedly, I have a love of garbanzo beans (also known as chick peas) since they’re hearty and full of flavor. I’ll just eat them straight from the can too. But roasting them gives them a real flavor depth as roasting will do with most foods.
There’s many different ways to flavor them. One of the most popular flavors involves chili powder and a hint of heat. As a result, there’s many ways to enjoy these wonderful beans.
Rotating Basket Is Perfect
If you have an oven-style air fryer, this is where that rotating basket you use with the rotisserie function is perfect. Since it spins, there’s no necessity to shake the garbanzos frequently. It’s all automatic.
The older basket-style fryers necessitate a few shakes while you’re cooking the beans. I shook them about 3 times during the cooking process. However, you can decide how often you want to do it, but I’d recommend doing that at least twice during the cook time.
Drying The Beans
The beans should be relatively dry before you air fry them. The more moisture that’s in them, the longer they’re going to take to cook.
I always rinse them really well by placing them in a colander and doing it under running water. That gets that syrupy gunk from the can off of them.
Then place them on several thicknesses of paper towels and top with another several thicknesses of towels. Then just gently roll them around. This should be sufficient. And if you rinse out those paper towels and allow them to dry, you can use them again for other purposes–I do because, well, I’m pretty thrifty (OK cheap).
Air Fryer Sesame Garlic Garbanzos
- 15 oz can garbanzo beans drained, rinsed and dried
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tbs dark sesame oil
- 1-2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt optional
- Toasted sesame seeds optional
- Place beans in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients and add to the beans. Toss well to coat.
- Place the beans in the air fryer (in an oven-style one, use the rotating basket that fits the rotisserie attachment) and air fry, shaking basket-style fryers frequently, for 10-15 minutes at 400F/200C or until desired crispness is achieved.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds if desired.