As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Air fryer golden ranch potatoes are even great as a snack. Easy to make too.
Air Fryer Golden Ranch Potatoes–Quick Side
Air fryers get the job done quickly and easily with most foods. These potatoes are no exception!
If you’re looking for a quick and very easy side dish to serve, you’ll definitely want to look into these potatoes. The dish has only three ingredients, most of us have them all on hand too.
The color comes from the Yukon gold potatoes. I had them on hand so that’s what I used. Any potato will do here so as usual, use what you have.
The flavoring here comes from ranch seasoning mix. This is the dry stuff that comes in a packet sold in the dressings and condiment aisle of most food stores.
I can hear people on low-sodium diets saying, “This isn’t for me then.” Well, not with the commercial stuff because that’s literally loaded with salt.
However, I’ve been making my own ranch seasoning mix for years and I make it without any salt. My mix also uses non-fat dry milk and not that powdered buttermilk. Where the powdered buttermilk gets rock hard in a few months, the instant non-fat milk does not and my opinion is it tastes better in the mix.
Easy Potato Prep
The prep for the potatoes is easy because you don’t peel them. Just give them a good scrub and you’re all set.
A word about fryers–my air fryer is the basket style so shaking was necessary for even cooking. If you have an oven-style model, that comes equipped with a rotating basket that fits the rotisserie. In that basket, the potatoes are in constant rotation so disregard the shaking instruction. And remember, each fryer is different so your cooking time could vary.
Air Fryer Golden Ranch Potatoes
- 2 lbs Yukon gold potatoes cut in chunks
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 3 tbs dry ranch seasoning mix or 1 envelope
- Scrub potatoes and cut in chunks. It’s not necessary to peel them.
- Place potatoes in a large plastic bag and add the olive oil. Squish the bag so the potatoes are all coated with the oil. Add the ranch mix and squish the bag again so they’re coated with the seasoning.
- Place in the fryer basket and air fry at 400F/200C for 20 minutes, shaking basket half way through the cooking time.