As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is the adult “milk & cookie” cookie. Rich, buttery basic cookie with the addition of white chocolate chips and crunchy and yummy macadamia nuts.
Cookie base lends itself to many additions. I’ve used it for raisin/walnut, pineapple/coconut/macadamia nut, and yes, even the old standby Toll House-like cookies.
These will not last–eat up!
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 cups ground oatmeal done by processing oatmeal in a blender
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla, beating well. Add flour, ground oatmeal, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Beat until combined. Stir in white chocolate chips and macadamia nuts.
- Shape dough into 1 to 1 1/2-inch balls and place 2-inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets (I use AirBake insulated sheets). Bake at 375 for 10-12 min or until light golden brown. Cool for 1 minute on sheet. Remove to rack to cool completely.
- Makes approx 4 doz cookies.