These triple chocolate cookies start with an easy cake mix base. You won’t believe how awesome they taste!
Homemade Cake Mix Cookies In A Jiffy
If you want an awesome homemade cookie quickly and with a minimum of fuss, look no further.
You may not expect anything spectacular because the base is a humble cake mix, but these are one of the best cookies I have ever eaten and that says a lot!
These are so easy too. They mix up 1-2-3 and are ready in 10 minutes.
Change The Mix, Change The Cookie
For as many varieties of cake mix you can buy, that’s how many different cookies are at your fingertips.
Change the add-ins too! I used an equal mix of white and dark chocolate chips with a devil’s food cake mix base. With the same devil’s food base, you could add nuts, coconut or candy pieces like Butterfinger pieces.
Try yellow cake with chocolate chips or even better, lemon cake mix with lemon morsels if you are lucky enough to locate lemon morsels. I could only locate them in Canada, so if you live there, I’m jealous LOL!!!
The best thing about these cookies is the texture.
They are satisfyingly chewy but not soft. I baked mine for 10 minutes and they were firm but chewy. If you like them a little softer, then bake them for 7-8 minutes.
- 1 box (2-layer size) devils food cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup oil
- ¼ cup white chocolate morsels
- ¼ cup dark chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix the first 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Stir in the white & dark chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into balls about the size of a ping-pong ball.
- Place on an ungreased cookie sheet
- Bake for 7-10 minutes (see NOTES). Let the cookies cool for 2 minutes on the sheets, then remove to a rack to cool completely.
If your cookie sheets are dark, reduce oven temp to 350 degrees F