This recipe comes from Sylvia who said this is a real keeper. Sweet, tart and buttery, this is a real hit.
Perfect for the holidays!
Sylvia's Cranberry Orange Bread
Author: Judith Hannemann
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 1 cup chopped fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 cup golden raisins or walnuts – both optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg and orange peel.
- Combine the dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture alternately with
- juice. Fold in cranberries and raisins.
- Pour into a greased 9-in. x-in. loaf pan.*
- Bake at 350° for 60-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes;
- remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (16
- *I experienced the bottom of the bread
- sticking to the pan. I would suggest using baker's parchment on the
- bottom of the loaf pan.