As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Slow Cooker Maple Roasted Pork with Potates
Does your slow cooker get cobwebs on it during summer? Dust that baby off and make this great maple-flavored roast pork!
Your crock pot is a great appliance to use in the summer because it doesn’t heat your kitchen. I’ve also discovered that it can be used for more than the standard stews, soups and pot roast. I began experimenting with roasting (and yes BAKING) in it, and it works like a charm. To roast, you do exactly like you do it in a regular oven–resist the urge to add any liquid. Cook on HI, drain off any liquid that accumulates, and you’ve got it.
|Roasts right in your slow cooker
A meal such as this roast pork with potatoes is a classic fall meal. But I wanted to enjoy this in the summer–there comes a point where BBQ and everything that goes with it becomes tiresome and you want some comfort food.
I actually made this for my neighbor who recently had knee surgery and is still in the rehab facility. She and her hubby often eat together there and “guests” have facilities not available to them in a regular hospital–like kitchenettes and microwaves–so they can have a hearty feast on this with a break from “hospital” food. My neighbor’s hubby is Canadian so ANYTHING with maple in it, he loves, so this is sure to be a hit.
Slow Cooker Maple Roasted Pork with Potatoes
- 2 lbs country-style pork ribs boneless preferred
- 3 large white potatoes peeled & cut in chunks
- 1 large sweet potato peeled & cut in chunks
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 recipe Alternate Rub for short ribs*
- *Taste of Inspirations® Maple & Sage rub may be substituted. It is available in Hannaford supermarkets it's a house brand
- Cut pork into serving-sized portions. Rub with about 1/2 of the prepared seasoned rub. Place in a single layer in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Top with the potatoes and sprinkle about 2 tbs of the rub over the potatoes. Cover and set cooker to HI. After about 2 hours, remove any accumulated fat/juice/liquid. Return meat and potatoes to cooker and continue cooking on HI for 1 1/2-2 hours.
- Drizzle maple syrup over the pork and potatoes. Cook for an additional 30 minutes.
|Slow Cooker Maple Roasted Pork with Potatoes
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2014. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.
Follow The’s board ♨Hot Fun in the Summertime Blog Hop♨ on Pinterest.