As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Savory Cheese & Spinach Strudel|
Tasty vegetarian strudel for a light lunch or dinner. Garlic-infused wilted spinach combines with fresh subtle herbs and toasted almonds (you can substitute pine nuts if you wish) in a creamy ricotta and Romano cheese base.
May be served warm or chilled. Pair with a nice dry white.
- 5 phyllo sheets
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup freshly-grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 2 tbs. toasted slivered almond or pine nuts
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced (more if you wish)
- 2 cups washed baby spinach, shredded
- 1 tbs fresh basil, chopped
- 1 tbs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tbs olive oil
- olive oil for brushing phyllo sheets