As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These peaches and cream pie bars are perfect for when you can’t decide whether you want pie or cheesecake!
Pie Or Cheesecake
If you want pie, but you’re hankering for cheesecake too, these peaches and cream pie bars are just what the doctor ordered!
You get a little bit of both here with a great buttery-tasting crust. I might mention, they are easy to make too. No rolling because you pat the crust in the pan and then you just spread and drop for the top.
Canned Peach Pie Filling
This product is a great convenience, however, I find it a bit too sweet. You might want to make your own filling from fresh peaches especially in late spring and summer when they are abundantly available and at good prices.
Another great alternative to the canned filling is using canned sliced peaches packed in water to make a pie filling.
I admit that here I used the pie filling for convenience sake. With 20-20 hindsight I realize that I should have added a few spoonfuls of fresh lemon juice to it. I am sure that would have cut the sweetness somewhat so I mention this in the “Notes” section of the recipe. But I will say that I’m not a big fan of anything very sweet. That’s just my personal taste. So what I would recommend is you taste the canned filling first if you choose to use that. If it tastes OK to you then don’t use the lemon juice.
As I mentioned, you get the best of both worlds with these pie bars!
The cheesecake portion is easy to make–just whip up all the ingredients! I kept the sugar here relatively light because I like a bit of “bite” when it comes to anything with cream cheese. Again, what I would advise is to taste first–before you beat in the egg for safety sake. Feel free to add more confectioner’s sugar if you want a sweeter cheesecake taste!
Peaches And Cream Pie Bars
- 1 cup unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 21 oz cans each peach pie filling (see NOTES)
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp confectioners sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan (jellyroll pan) or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add melted/cooled butter and stir in with a fork. Reserve 3/4 cup of the mixture for crumb topping. Set aside.
- Press the remaining mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Layer peach filling over crust.
- Beat together the confectioners sugar, cream cheese and egg. Drop evenly across the filling. ]
- Stir reserved topping mixture with a fork until it resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the peach filling.
- Bake for 20-26 minutes or until crumbs are golden brown and cheese is set.
- Cool completely and cut into bars.