As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy-to-make cheesecake dessert bars that taste like the famous ice cream pop!
If You Loved Creamsicles As A Kid…
Did you love Creamsicle pops when you were a child? I sure did and it’s one love of mine from childhood that remained a favorite into my senior years.
If you did love that combination of flavors, you are sure to love this dessert too!
Easy To Make
Like most desserts I make nowadays, this one is very easy.
The flavor in this cheesecake starts with orange gelatin mix. The gelatin also is the binding agent. I might add that any flavor Jello will do here, so use whatever you like best. I’m a nut for citrus-flavored things such as these Lemonade Squares, but if you prefer strawberry or cherry, go right ahead with that flavor.
If You Like A Lighter Texture…
The cheesecake texture is relatively dense. Many people prefer a denser cheesecake and if you are one of those folks, make the recipe as written. However, if you want a lighter, airier cheesecake, then fold in either a half or full tub (8 ounces) of whipped topping or real whipped cream. Don’t worry about it setting up–there’s enough gelatin to take care of that.
Bake Or No-Bake
I choose to bake my graham cracker crusts in lots of desserts as of late. I find baking the crust for about 15 minutes adds another dimension to the taste that is absent if it’s not baked. I find it has a nuttier flavor which I’ve come to prefer.
But this can be made entirely no bake too. Since there’s no flour or anything raw in the crust, it doesn’t require any baking and during hot summer months, who wants to turn on the oven? Not many of us!
Orange Creamsicle Cheesecake Bars
- 2 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 pkg orange gelatin dessert small size--4 servings
- 2 bars 8 oz each cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup cream -OR- half & half
- 1/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1-2 cups whipped topping or whipped cream OPTIONAL
- Mix all crust ingredients and press into a 11 x 7-inch pan.
- (OPTIONAL STEP) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake the crust for about 15 minutes or until the edges begin to brown (ONLY IF YOU ARE BAKING THE CRUST, OTHERWISE OMIT THIS STEP)
- Place the gelatin mix in a small bowl. Add the boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved; cool slightly.
- Stir the cream into the gelatin mixture.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese and confectioner's sugar until smooth and velvety.
- Continue to beat and gradually add the gelatin mixture, beating well so it's mixed thoroughly.
- (OPTIONAL STEP) Fold in whipped topping/whipped cream if you want a lighter texture.
- Pour over crust, cover and chill until filling is set, preferably overnight but at least 4 hours.