This delicious ground beef divan dinner takes one skillet and is on the table in 30 minutes. Easy and the family will love it too!
Ground Beef Divan To The Rescue
If you’ve had a busy day and want something simple, this meal is just what the doctor ordered.
There’s not many of us who don’t have ground beef on hand, and here’s a great way to use it. This skillet dinner also relies on a couple of convenient pantry staples so it comes together quickly and easily.
Kid Pleasing Dinner
This is one meal the kiddos will love–grown-ups too!
It has a mild flavor. There’s nothing in it that will shock the taste buds or bite you in the butt. In other words, this is comfort food. Who doesn’t love a nice plate of comfort?
Even fussy eaters will enjoy this and it’s a complete meal in itself because it contains the spaghetti, meat and veggies.
Substitutions Make It Different
The recipe calls for store-bought alfredo sauce, but if you don’t have that on hand you can make your own, of course!
However, it’s equally as good when you substitute your own condensed cream of mushroom soup and even the canned variety will do. If you’re a fan of golden mushroom soup, that gives this a wonderful flavor as well.
Have Leftover Pasta?
This is also a great way to use up leftover spaghetti–or any pasta.
So if you have spaghetti or any pasta-style dinner in your meal plan and also plan to make this recipe in the same week, make a “planned over” from the pasta-based dinner to make this meal. The leftovers will soak up the flavors of the sauce so pre-cooked pasta won’t have any off flavors nor texture.
- 6 oz uncooked spaghetti, broken into 2-inch pieces (see NOTES)
- 1½ lb lean ground beef
- 3 cups frozen or fresh broccoli florets
- 1 jar (about 16 oz) prepared Alfredo sauce (see NOTES)
- 4 oz cream cheese, cut into cubes
- ¼ cup cream or milk
- 1 can (4 oz) sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta per package directions. Add the broccoli in the last minute of cooking; drain and set aside.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet; drain fat. Add the cream cheese, alfredo sauce and cream. Cook over medium heat, stirring until cream cheese is melted.
- Add the mushrooms, pasta and broccoli, stirring to combine, and heat through.
- Top with the shredded cheddar cheese.
You may substitute 10 oz homemade condensed cream of mushroom or the store-bought variety for the alfredo sauce and mushrooms.
*Adapted from Betty CrockerYum