As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
You won’t be able to stop eating this delicious olive dip and garlic bagel chips. This dip is also good with veggies!
Have you ever made something that was so good, you couldn’t stop eating it?
Well, that’s the way it was with this dip for me. I’d seen an old recipe floating around on Facebook for something similar to this that looked interesting. I love olives–any variety–so my interest was piqued.
The original recipe had very few ingredients. I added more ingredients that I knew would result in a much better tasting end product.
After I mixed it all up and tried some, I literally could not stop eating this! I have made this a few times since then and haven’t grown tired of it. In fact, I ate it for dinner one night. My rationale was that olives are good for you!
Pair It With Chips
Hey, I’m from New York City so I love bagels. Meaning the real thing. And no denizen of the City would buy commercial bagels in a plastic bag. That is pure blasphemy!!!
So when a friend gave me a bag of commercial plain mini bagels, I’m standing there thinking, “What the heck am I gonna do with these?” Surely not eat them.
They were laying on my counter when I was preparing this dip and all of a sudden I got the bright idea of making bagel chips out of them. Oh, not just slicing and toasting, but adding some actual flavor to it. And that’s what I did–brushed them well with olive oil and sprinkled with garlic powder and Himalayan pink salt.
They turned out to be the perfect thing to go with this dip. And now I’m actually buying these things (at regular price no less) to make the chips for my new addiction–this olive dip!
This olive dip does well with additions you think you’d like. For me, that was a hint of some black salad olives. I love all olives so it really made this dip more robust.
Like a bit of heat? A hint of hot cherry peppers would fill that bill nicely. In fact, try it with lots of non-olive additions. You won’t be disappointed.
Olive Dip With Garlic Bagel Chips
For the Dip:
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbs onion finely minced
- 1/2 tsp coarsely ground pepper
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- 7-9 oz Spanish olives with pimiento filling drained and coarsely chopped
For the Bagel Chips:
- 6 plain mini bagels
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tbs coarse sea salt
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl
- Refrigerate until ready to serve
- Slice each bagel into thin slices (like a ring). I got 4 slices from each bagel FYI/
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Lay the bagel slices in a single layer. Spray well with the oil (a spray bottle works really well here).
- Mix the seasonings and sprinkle evenly over the bagel slices.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the slices begin to get brown.
- These can also be baked in an air fryer.
This looks really delicious. I want to try this really soon. I wonder where can I get the best bagel in town. This post certainly made me hungry. Thank you for sharing this recipe.