As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Honey roasted wings will be a big hit for your family or next party
Honey Roasted Wings–Great Party Food
These honey roasted wings are so delicious, I’m sure you’ll swoon over their great taste. I’m definitely not kidding about this. Since wings are some of my favorite things to eat–and I have many recipes on here–I’ve eaten loads of them. And I have to say these are some of the most delicious ones I ever had.
I tend to do most of my wings in the air fryer, but these are done in the oven. They’re not suitable for the air fryer due to the fact that they cook in the honey sauce.
A friend posted this recipe on Facebook and I was glad I tried it.
Can we talk about the sauce? First it’s fantastically flavored and pretty simple. I’m sure you have all the ingredients on your shelf so there’s nothing special to buy to make them.
The sauce is poured over the wings and they bake in the sauce. Not only does this make the flavor infuse into the wings, unlike sauce added after they’re cooked. The really special thing here is the sauce reduces, caramelizes and becomes sticky. The taste sensation is marvelous. I cannot say enough good things about this wing recipe.
The Cooking Vessel
My advice here is to choose what you cook these in wisely. I used disposable aluminum pans because I didn’t want to deal with the clean up. This is one of the few times I decided to not go “green.” If that doesn’t bother you, then any 13 x 9 pan or roasting pan will do you. Lining the pan with foil or non-stick parchment can help if you’re not using a disposable pan
If you have a good non-stick pan, then that’d be a good choice too.
Honey Roasted Wings
- 3-4 lbs wings
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 2 tbs ketchup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
- Cut wings into flats and drummies if desired--discard wing tips or save to make stock.
- Lay wings in a single layer in a 13x9-inch pan. Mix together in a small bowl the honey, soy sauce, garlic, olive oil, ketchup and the salt and pepper. Mix this well so the honey is dissolved.
- Pour the sauce over the wings and roast for 40-50 minutes, basting occasionally.
- If desired, you can reduce the sauce that remains in the pan as a dipping sauce.