As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These garlic Parmesan potatoes are so good, they can double as a meal!
No More Boring Sides
Love potatoes? I sure do and I’m in great company. I love them so much that I’ll even eat them plain boiled.
But often, I find I keep making them the same old way–baked, mashed, etc. I recently saw a recipe for small red potatoes done in the Instant Pot that were flavored with butter and garlic. That one is definitely on my list, but because it was pretty cold that day, I wanted to run my oven.
A friend had given me a couple of bags of these small red gourmet potatoes. So I went searching on Google for something that looked good. I might add that the original recipe didn’t excite me but I planned to do my own hack using flavors I liked.
Have An Air Fryer? Use It Here
I have a dual-fuel range where you can set the oven for convection. Convection will cook faster and crisp as well.
For some odd reason, I decided to cook these on a regular oven cycle. I thought that the crumbs and cheese might burn or brown long before the potatoes cooked. However, in the last 15 minutes or so, I did set the oven to convection and it produced excellent results. They looked good, but how do they taste? Let’s just say it was love at first bite.
Since they came out so well with the oven set to convection, they’d be an excellent thing to cook in an air fryer. One thing I’d caution with the air fryer is to use a temp about 25 degrees F lower than the temp I state in the recipe. FYI since not everyone has a convection oven, I gave the oven temp for a regular oven cycle. Also, they will probably be done in less time than stated because an air fryer is a really powerful convection oven.
You probably won’t have to spray the potatoes with oil if you use the air fryer. They are coated with melted butter before rolling in the crumbs.
Want A Bolder Taste?
If you want a bit more kick and a bolder taste, use Romano cheese instead of Parmesan. However, they’ll taste great no matter what you use! You could even leave out the cheese and they’d still be fantastic.
Watch The Video
Garlic Parmesan Potatoes
- 1 1/2 lb small red potatoes often called “gourmet potatoes”--see NOTES
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter melted
- 2 cloves garlic finely minced
- 1/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese or Romano cheese
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Scrub the potatoes well; dry them of any excess water. Cut each potato in half and place in a large bowl.
- Mix the garlic and melted butter and pour over the potatoes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and add to the potato mixture. Toss well to coat.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until potatoes are golden brown and done.
*Post may contain affiliate links