As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
These garlicky lime flavored wings are easy peasy and delicious!
Even though I baked the wings in the oven, they can very easily be made on an outdoor grill.
I just loved the tartness the lime imparted along with the sweet stickiness of the honey (or dark corn syrup). Not to mention they are oh-so garlicky.
|Perfect combo of sweet and tart–garlicky too!|
If you don’t want the garlic to be so intense, then cut the amount of cloves used in half.
The best part of this is the leftover sauce can be used as a dipping sauce for the wings since it has not been “contaminated” by the raw chicken as it’s brushed on after the wings are done.
Remember these for those football parties too! An excellent savory snack!
Garlic Lime Wings
- 3-4 lbs chicken wings
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- juice of 1 whole lime
- 1/2 tsp lime zest
- 1/2 cup honey or dark corn syrup
- 4 garlic cloves finely minced
- 1/4 tsp chipotle-flavored hot sauce optional
- Cut wings into 2 pieces cutting through joint. Discard wing tips. Omit this step if you are using the frozen "drumettes."
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly spray a large baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- Mix the salt, pepper and garlic powder together. Place wings, skin side up, on prepared baking sheet(s). Sprinkle with the salt mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 30-40 minutes.
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Brush liberally on cooked wings.
- You can pop them under the broiler for a couple of minutes to brown the sauce, but it's not necessary. Leftover sauce can be used as dipping sauce.
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2015. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.