As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Delightful and easy dessert! These sweet and creamy berry flavored chimichangas are sure to please.
If I had to describe it to anyone, I’d call it a Mexican blintz. Basically that’s what it is but instead of sauteeing a crepe in butter, this is rolled in a flour tortilla and deep fried.
|Easy summer dessert|
They are quick to make too. No long prep or cook time. It took me all of 5 minutes to prep and 5 minutes to fry. Remember, you’re really only crisping the tortilla; everything else requires no cooking!
These are perfect to serve at an early summer BBQ. They really taste great straight out of the fryer, but they are even good chilled so don’t be afraid to make them ahead of time.
Strawberry Cream Chimichangas
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh or frozen no sugar strawberries, cut up*
- ~8 small 8-inch flour tortillas
- oil for frying
- confectioners sugar for dusting
- *Any berries may be used
- Place about 2-inches of oil in a dutch oven. Heat over medium heat to 375 degrees F.
- Beat cream cheese and yogurt until smooth. Add the sugar, beating well after adding. Fold in cut up berries.
- Place about 1/4 cup of the cream cheese mixture in the center of the tortilla
- Fold tortilla ends inward and roll up like an eggroll; seal seam with a toothpick.
- Drop in heated oil and fry for 5-7 minutes turning midway during the cooking.
- Drain and dust with confectioner's sugar when cool
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2015. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.