|Fall Festival Pumpkin Pound Cake|
What says “autumn” better than something pumpkin?
Rich and spicy, it’s the perfect accompaniment to a hot cup of coffee or a cold glass of milk.
Fall Festival Pumpkin Pound Cake
Author: Judith Hannemann
- 2½ cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 - 15 oz can of pumpkin -OR- 1¾ cups pumpkin puree
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp cloves
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray or grease a 10-cup fluted tube pan (Bundt)
- Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl. Beat sugar and oil until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add pumpkin alternately with dry ingredients, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Beat well after each addition.
- Pour into prepared tube pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 60-65 minutes, or until tester inserted in cake comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes. Invert onto rack to cool completely.