Cranberry sauce for adults only!
Add a little kick to your cranberry sauce this holiday season.
The little kick here comes from a bit of whiskey! But you could also use brandy, rum of Cointreau liqueur if you prefer. With the Cointreau, it’ll be a little more orangey flavored, but that’s a plus!
This starts with whole cranberries and there’s very few ingredients.
Substitute water for the booze and it’s an alcohol-free version you can serve to the kiddos.
- 1 bag (12 oz) fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 strip (about 1 x 3-inches) orange rind
- 2 tbs whiskey*
- *water may be substituted
- In a medium sauce pan combine all the ingredients
- Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently until sugar is dissolved.
- Continue cooking for 10-15 minutes, until it starts to get thick.
- Cool to room temperature before serving.
- May be refrigerated until use.