|Classic Pumpkin Pie|
And we leave you with the Classic Pumpkin Pie.
Nothing more to be said except Happy Thanksgiving!
Classic Pumpkin Pie
Author: Judith Hannemann
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell
- 1¾ cups pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 - 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ginger
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add pumpkin, sugar and spices; beat well. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Place pie shell on baking sheet, place in oven then pour filling into the pie shell.
- Bake at 425 for 15 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350 degrees and bake for an additional 40-50 minutes, or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on rack. Chill if desired.