As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Your family is sure to smile when you serve them these yummy cherry cheesecake parfaits!
Cheesecake With A Crunch
Who doesn’t love a little crunch with something sweet?
There’s a layer of crunchy sweet oat crumble in between in this parfait. I could say that the dessert is no-bake–and it could be with a simple substitution.
However, if you have no granola on hand, then some baking is required to make this crunchy oat filling. In fact, this oat crumble is so good, you just may want to make double or triple the recipe! It’s a great and wholesome snack, but it can also double as a breakfast cereal.
Low Fat/Low Calorie? We Have You Covered
I tend to use full-fat products because that’s what I have on hand due to the fact that low/no-fat dairy products cannot be used in some recipes to get the best results. This recipe isn’t one of those that require the “regular” product so you can easily substitute low-fat dairy products in this without any real loss of flavor or richness. The only thing I’d caution about is the amount of sugar. Since fat tempers sugar you may need less sugar than what is called for in the recipe. As this cheesecake mixture contains no eggs or flour, you can add sugar to your taste.
The recipe also calls for cream, but evaporated milk can be easily substituted. I’ve also seen reduced sugar or sugar-free pie fillings and the use of those would save considerable calories.
One last word is be a bit wary of no-fat sour cream and cream cheese. I have to say that to me they taste terrible and they are nothing like the real thing–not even in texture. The lower-fat cream cheese and sour cream taste pretty much like the real deal, so it’s best to stick to those.
Cherry Or Any Flavor
If cherries aren’t your dish of tea feel free to substitute any other fruit flavored pie filling you do like! Raspberry or strawberry would be excellent choices that keep the colorful red accents that make this parfait so visually appealing.
Cherry Cheesecake Crunch Parfait
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 21 oz cherry pie filling or any flavor you like
Oatmeal Crumble (see notes)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 3 tbs butter melted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Mix all the oatmeal crumble ingredients together and spread on prepared sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until it just begins to get golden; cool completely.
- Beat cream cheese and sour cream together until smooth. Mix in the cream and confectioner’s sugar.
- You will need 4 “old-fashioned” glasses or parfait glasses. You will make 2 layers in each glass of cheesecake mixture, oatmeal crumble and cherry pie filling. See photos for a guide.
- Substitutions may be made for the cream cheese and sour cream for lower fat products. You may substitute evaporated milk for the cream.