As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Anyone who lives in upstate New York is familiar with a family-owned convenience store called Stewart’s Shops and their famous ice cream.
One such flavor is “Crumbs Along the Mohawk,” which is so faintingly delicious, you can’t stop eating it or get it off your brain.
|Caramel Graham Cracker Parfait|
This heavenly concoction consists of a caramel/graham cracker flavored ice cream with bits of caramel coated graham cracker round thrown in. One taste and you’re hooked.
I love this so I decided to try to come up not with an ice cream, but an easy dessert that mimicked this flavor.
Caramel Graham Cracker Parfait
- 1 box instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butterscotch morsels
- 1 tsp vegetable shortening like Crisco--don't use butter or margarine
- 2 whole graham crackers
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- Place milk and pudding mix in a medium bowl and whisk with a wire whisk for 1 minute. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- Place graham crackers on a sheet of waxed paper. Melt butterscotch morsels and shortening in a microwave in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute on high; stir until no lumps remain. If there are lumps, microwave on high an additional 30 seconds. Pour melted butterscotch over graham crackers, spread to coat evenly. Chill until butterscotch is set.
- Fold 1 cup of butterscotch pudding into the 2 cups of whipped topping. Break the butterscotch-coated grahams into small pieces.
- In parfait or dessert cups, layer this way dividing evenly between 4 dessert cups:
- plain pudding (about 2 tbs)
- caramel sauce (about 1 tbs)
- graham bits (about 1 tbs)
- whipped topping mixture (about 3 tbs)
- repeat 1 more time in all dessert cups
- Decorate top with a dollop of whipped topping and any remaining graham bits.
- Drizzle remaining caramel sauce over the top.
- Serves 4