As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Anyone who lives in upstate New York is familiar with a family-owned convenience store called Stewart’s Shops and their famous ice cream.
They own and maintain their own dairies and have a stellar reputation in the area. One thing they are known for is their ice cream, and it’s many proprietary flavors.
One such flavor is “Crumbs Along the Mohawk,” which is so faintingly delicious, you can’t stop eating it or get it off your brain.
|Caramel Graham Cracker Parfait|
This heavenly concoction consists of a caramel/graham cracker flavored ice cream with bits of caramel coated graham cracker round thrown in. One taste and you’re hooked.
I love this so I decided to try to come up not with an ice cream, but an easy dessert that mimicked this flavor.
Caramel Graham Cracker Parfait
- 1 box instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 up butterscotch morsels
- 1 tsp vegetable shortening like Crisco--don't use butter or margarine
- 2 whole graham crackers
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/2 cup caramel sauce
- Place milk and pudding mix in a medium bowl and whisk with a wire whisk for 1 minute. Refrigerate until set, about 1 hour.
- Place graham crackers on a sheet of waxed paper. Melt butterscotch morsels and shortening in a microwave in a microwave-safe bowl for 1 minute on high; stir until no lumps remain. If there are lumps, microwave on high an additional 30 seconds. Pour melted butterscotch over graham crackers, spread to coat evenly. Chill until butterscotch is set.
- Fold 1 cup of butterscotch pudding into the 2 cups of whipped topping. Break the butterscotch-coated grahams into small pieces.
- In parfait or dessert cups, layer this way dividing evenly between 4 dessert cups:
- plain pudding (about 2 tbs)
- caramel sauce (about 1 tbs)
- graham bits (about 1 tbs)
- whipped topping mixture (about 3 tbs)
- repeat 1 more time in all dessert cups
- Decorate top with a dollop of whipped topping and any remaining graham bits.
- Drizzle remaining caramel sauce over the top.
Lillian (My Recipe Journey) says
Is it tomorrow already…lol! Yum! I'm loving your parfaits! You need to open a dessert shop! =)
Judith Hanneman says
In Europe it is LOL. I'm going to keep the blog on GMT going forward. Easier for me 🙂
Chels/Catz in the Kitchen says
I must make this!
Rosie @ Blueberry Kitchen says
Oh wow, your parfaits look so delicious!
Judith Hanneman says
Thanks everyone. I enjoy making them about as much as I enjoy eating them LOL…please enjoy if you make them and feel free to substitute ingredients to your taste XOXO
Maha Gadde says
parfaits look so delicious n tempting cliks.
Paige Flamm says
This looks amazing! I want to make it now!