|Banana Split Parfait|
Spectacular dessert for your Holiday table. So easy, it only takes minutes to assemble.
Anyone who tastes this says it tastes just like a banana split, and they are right! Layers of bananas, pineapple and coconut make this a taste treat.
|Just like the soda fountain!|
The dessert is remarkably light so it won’t lay heavy on you after a huge Thanksgiving or Christmas feast. So in addition to the traditional pumpkin pie, make this as well for another holiday dessert choice. If you have calorie counters, then this is perfect to make–lower-fat alternatives may be used with absolutely NO loss of it’s wonderful flavor.
Banana Split Parfait
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 tbs sugar
- 2 pkgs 3.4 oz instant vanilla pudding mix*
- 3/4 cup cold milk*
- 1 can 12 oz evaporated milk, chilled*
- 1 can 20 oz crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 4 bananas sliced
- 1 large tub 16 oz frozen whipped topping*
- 16 maraschino cherries drained and dried off
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce or chocolate syrup
- 2 tbs toasted coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- *Lower fat/calorie products may be safely substituted.
- Melt butter and sugar in a small saucepan, making sure sugar is dissolved. Add graham cracker crumbs and mix well, making sure all crumbs are coated with the melted butter.
- Press graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch pan, forming a crust.
- Whisk the evaporated milk and regular milk together. Add the vanilla pudding mix and whisk for 1-2 minutes, or until pudding begins to thicken. Spread over graham cracker crumbs.
- Layer top of pudding with sliced bananas, coconut and crushed pineapple.
- Spread whipped topping over entire top, using enough to make a high layer (you may not use all 16 oz).
- If using pre-made and refrigerated hot fudge sauce, place in microwave on HI for about 10-15 seconds, or until a pourable consistency (if using chocolate syrup, this step is NOT necessary). Drizzle fudge sauce or chocolate syrup over top of dessert. Sprinkle with the nuts and toasted coconut. Arrange cherries across the top such that each portion will get a cherry.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
|Banana Split Parfait|
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2014. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.Yum