As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
|Banana Split Parfait|
Spectacular dessert for your Holiday table. So easy, it only takes minutes to assemble.
This is one of the most gorgeous desserts I’ve ever seen! It’s one of the easiest desserts to make too.
Anyone who tastes this says it tastes just like a banana split, and they are right! Layers of bananas, pineapple and coconut make this a taste treat.
|Just like the soda fountain!|
The dessert is remarkably light so it won’t lay heavy on you after a huge Thanksgiving or Christmas feast. So in addition to the traditional pumpkin pie, make this as well for another holiday dessert choice. If you have calorie counters, then this is perfect to make–lower-fat alternatives may be used with absolutely NO loss of it’s wonderful flavor.
Banana Split Parfait
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 6.8 oz instant vanilla pudding mix* two 3.4 oz packages
- 3/4 cup cold milk*
- 12 oz evaporated milk, chilled*
- 20 oz crushed pineapple drained
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 4 medium bananas sliced
- 16 oz frozen whipped topping*
- 16 maraschino cherries drained and dried off
- 1/2 cup hot fudge sauce or chocolate syrup
- 2 tbsp toasted coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Melt butter and sugar in a small saucepan, making sure sugar is dissolved. Add graham cracker crumbs and mix well, making sure all crumbs are coated with the melted butter.
- Press graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch pan, forming a crust.
- Whisk the evaporated milk and regular milk together. Add the vanilla pudding mix and whisk for 1-2 minutes, or until pudding begins to thicken. Spread over graham cracker crumbs.
- Layer top of pudding with sliced bananas, coconut and crushed pineapple.
- Spread whipped topping over entire top, using enough to make a high layer (you may not use all 16 oz).
- If using pre-made and refrigerated hot fudge sauce, place in microwave on HI for about 10-15 seconds, or until a pourable consistency (if using chocolate syrup, this step is NOT necessary). Drizzle fudge sauce or chocolate syrup over top of dessert. Sprinkle with the nuts and toasted coconut. Arrange cherries across the top such that each portion will get a cherry.
- Chill for at least 1 hour.
|Banana Split Parfait|
Copyright © Judith Hannemann aka The Midnight Baker 2014. All Rights Reserved. No part of this website may be reproduced without The Midnight Baker’s express consent.
Lillian (My Recipe Journey) says
That is GORGEOUS!
blondie lee says
This reminds me of the long loved family recipe that my families made for years… We called it the banana split cake…. All though to me I always thought it was more of a elongated pie…. Truly delicious!!! I will definitely save your recipe and make it!!!
hello, I would like to ask if I can make this 1 or 2 days before the thanksgiving, thank you
Judith Hanneman says
You sure can Theresa! Just put on the Cool Whip, cherries and chocolate sauce right before you want to serve it. After you’d made the “base” of it (minus the Cool Whip), cover it with some foil or better yet, if you have one of these Pyrex pans with the cover, that way you don’t have to worry about anything falling on top of it! Happy Thanksgiving!
Thank you for the tips and happy thanksgiving to you too